It's time to wonder at yourself.
Katie Chase is an entrepreneur, musician, long-distance walker and therapist specializing in clinical rehab for singers and musicians' injuries. Cracked ribs, broken coracoid process and a traumatic brain injury sustained as a passenger in a car accident while studying at Oberlin first led her to bodywork and its profound impact inspired her to return to school to study it. She attended The Soma Institute in Chicago and subsequently certified as Certified Practitioner and Core Faculty with the Zero Balancing Health Association in 2003 and 2012 respectively. From 2006-2010 she founded and directed Advanced Educators, an online marketplace for continuing education, which served over 700 healthcare practitioners with courses and seminars; and from 2014-2016 was on product, operations and business development teams for Techstars, Startup Weekend, and 8Stem, three growth companies based in Seattle, WA. She holds an MBA in Sustainable Business from Bainbridge Graduate Institute (now Presidio), a coaching certification from the HeartMath Institute and a Bachelor of Music in Performance and Education from Oberlin College Conservatory. In 2016 she walked 500 miles across Spain via the Camino de Santiago and subsequently launched WalkingKata, a holistic executive and leadership coaching service for those who want to develop skills to lead a values-driven team and life.
- Bachelor of Music in Performance | Oberlin College
- MBA in Sustainable Business | Bainbridge Graduate Institute
- Clinical Massage Therapy | Soma Institute
- Licensed Massage Therapist | WA State License #MA00021407
- Certified Core Faculty | Zero Balancing Health Association
- Certified Practitioner | Zero Balancing Health Association
- Certificate as Coach Practitioner | HeartMath Institute
- Member | American Massage Therapy Association